- POSITION PURPOSE
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), provides safe, personal patient care. Performs procedures that are documented on individual Student Nurse Intern Skills List.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- High School plus specialized training (6 mons-2 yrs)
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Entry Level
- LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Must currently be enrolled in nursing program.
- If not currently enrolled in nursing program, this position may be used for those that have graduated from such a program and do not hold a temporary permit or have been unsuccessful on the nursing licensure exam and is retaking the exam. In this case, the SNI position will only be available up to six (6) months from the date of graduation from nursing program.
- Must maintain an overall 2.50 GPA.
- Minimum of one semester of formal nursing education that includes at least one semester of clinical experience and/or C.N.A. certification and currently enrolled in a clinical semester.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The ability to read, write, speak, hear and comprehend the English language.
- The physical, technical and cognitive ability, as well as the manual dexterity, to use patient care equipment.
- PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Demonstrates competency with specific clinical skills and techniques that are listed in the department/ unit skills list.
- Performs tasks for patients’ Activities of Daily Living (ADL) to promote patient comfort and safety.
- Promptly and courteously responds to any call light.
- Consistently conducts regular rounds and observes patient activity.
- Promptly and clearly observes and communicates to the RN changes in the patient's condition and pertinent information regarding the needs of the patient and significant others.
Froedtert South is a comprehensive regional healthcare system that has served southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities for more than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services primarily through the Kenosha Medical Center Campus and the St. Catherine’s Medical Center Campus and several other clinic locations.
Froedtert South is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.