Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $571 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit: Blackstone, Internal Audit
Blackstone Internal Audit Overview (“BXIA”)
BXIA provides independent and objective assurance across the global platform guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the Firm. Within BXIA, the candidate will work with results-driven professionals in a highly team-oriented environment to evaluate and contribute to the effectiveness of governance, internal control, and risk management at Blackstone. As applicable, BXIA also assesses and makes recommendations for improving the governance process to promote ethics and values within the organization.
BXIA’s four primary areas of responsibility include:
- Internal Audit - BXIA provides independent assurance to executive management and the Blackstone Audit Committee of the Board of Directors (“Audit Committee”) on the effectiveness of the firm’s governance, risk management and internal control processes. As part of its approved annual global audit plan, BXIA performs business unit, enterprise, technology and jurisdictional reviews.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance – BXIA facilitates the project management, quality assurance and oversight of internal control testing related to financial reporting and compliance for the SOX Compliance program.
- Advisory – Collaborate with senior management to gain insight on the Firm’s strategic, operational, financial and compliance initiatives as well as assist with due diligence for acquisitions, as applicable.
- Enterprise Risk Assurance – Assess risks and controls related to business imperatives, such as launching new products, implementing new technologies or remediating control issues .
Job Title: Internal Audit Risk Assurance Associate/Assistant Vice President in Finance
The Internal Audit Assistant Vice President will be involved in various aspects of BXIA’s risk assessment, assurance and advisory activities, including audit planning and execution, and contributing to strategic initiatives. Areas of the business within the scope of this role will include investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and compliance. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist in implementing and maintaining appropriate risk management policies, internal controls and processes designed to identify and mitigate risks
- Assist in driving a strong risk culture across the firm that fosters awareness throughout the organization
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to facilitate periodic risk reporting
- Conduct assessments on select incidents, issues, and risks as required
- Perform risk-based audits across Blackstone’s global platform and gain exposure to the firm’s diverse businesses, products, regions, and enterprise functions
- Perform testing, document test results, identify findings as applicable, and work with internal staff to design corrective actions that mitigate risk and ultimately add value
- Leverage industry experience to provide advisory services during the development of new businesses and systems
- Develop ongoing working relationships within the firm, communicate ways to improve controls and have a strong understanding of new firm wide initiatives in the pipeline
- Assist in the formation of the annual audit plan through direct input, insight and perspective around current business, industry and regulatory risk factors
- Aid in the development and management of the internal audit risk assessment framework, including the ongoing management of risk registers and control libraries within the firm’s Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) application
- Participate in firm and industry events that will enhance your skills and expand your knowledge of the alternative asset management field
- Performinvestigations, special reviews and other ad hoc projects
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Candidates should have 6-8+ years of auditing experience in the financial services industry
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, computer science or business-related field
- Aptitude towards investment and risk management, scenario analysis and problem solving
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written & listening) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically and strategically to develop innovative recommendations to mitigate risks and add value organization
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events
- Experience with internal audit risk assessments, Internal controls and/or ERP security and control review
- Excellent analytical and communications skills, excellent problem-solving abilities and the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment and individually
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
- Ability to partner across teams, summarize issues, develop recommendations, and make decisions
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to the role
- Experience with Governance, Risk & Compliance technology tools (ex. Archer) & Tableau
- Alternative investments experience strongly preferred
- MBA, CA, CIA, CFA or CISA credentials strongly preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered prefer not to say ). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.