Location: Dayton, Ohio
Department: IS – Information Services
Trimble is looking for an Intern to work in our Information Service’s group. This position will be working in our Dayton, Ohio location. We are looking for students that can work a set schedule and a minimum of 15 hours per week, between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm EST.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business. Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Responsible for helping to support the day-to-day operations and maintenance of Linux systems, applications and infrastructure. Will be working on projects supporting the system optimization, installation, configuration, and problem resolution of Linux based systems and ancillary applications. Additional areas of exposure will be:
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks and maintain operational tools
- Provide support when operational problems occur, problem-solving, and root cause analysis
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to issue diagnosis and resolution
- An understanding of virtualization technologies such as OracleVM and VMware
- Familiarity with SAN and AWS/Cloud technology
- An understanding of DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Saltstack.
- Experience and some basic exposure to Linux based systems
- Ability to learn and work well within the IS Team.
- Majoring in Computer Science, MIS, or related.
- 0-2 years of experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CICD), DevOps, SysAdmin or System Administration, and Python or Ruby or Shell Scripting
- Good organizational, analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices as these relate to software application lifecycle/release processes
- Ability to query databases with a general understanding of database administration