ES develops advanced electronic solutions which are fielded on everything from Electronic Warfare (EW) mission systems to state of the art imaging, targeting, guidance, and survivability solutions to assist and protect the warfighter. Our products must work the first time and every time because people’s lives depend on it. Every product must be rigorously tested to ensure we deliver a robust product to our customers.
Test Engineering interns work side-by-side with experienced developers and senior engineering staff. BAE Systems’ Intern Program also offers professional development classes and an opportunity to participate in collaborative group projects that are presented to executive leadership. It is a great opportunity to network with BAE Systems employees and other interns. This internship will be at BAE Systems in southern New Hampshire. The internship is a paid internship and has a work schedule that includes every other Friday off.
Some of the responsibilities of a Test Engineering Intern I may include:
- Support senior engineering personnel in the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical and electrical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Support senior engineering personnel in the design and development of test software.
- Develop and revise technical drawing packages based on examples and company standards.
- Perform specific technical assignments of an investigatory, design or test nature requiring limited analysis and evaluation, selection and application of basic engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Prepare charts, diagrams and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific plans
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or related field
- Must have completed the equivalent of Freshmen year by summer of 2020
- Ability to research and apply engineering principles and theories to solve problems.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.