United Ground Express
Intern, Human Resources - UGE (United Airlines Customer Contact Center, O'Hare Area) - Chicago, IL
This is a paid internship located at United Ground Express’s new headquarters near O Hare Airport at 11555 W Touhy, Chicago, IL 60666. Cars may be parked in a dedicated employee parking lot, or public transportation is another option. In general, UGE summer internships begin in early June and complete in late August. Dates may be flexible based on school schedules.
- Leadership Development - design a well-organized, visually appealing internal site containing important resources to help leaders work faster and better. Project will include a site visit to a regional airport operations facility in order to understand the business and the needs of leaders.
- Recruiting -lead the design of processes and tools supporting the company’s employee referral program.
- HRIS - define data needs related to the employee base (ex: employee retention; employee engagement) that would inform better decisions and better resource allocation. Project will include stakeholder interviews and benchmarking.
- General HR – assist with on-boarding activities, including presentations and other activities to create a welcoming, best-in-class new hire experience. Project may include 1-2 trips to regional airport operations facilities (may be “day trip” or overnight trip per mutual agreement between intern and manager).
- Other - assist with special projects as needed that are consistent with the job description provided.
- Demonstrated success in a classroom setting, natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- Time management skills to complete multiple priorities and assignments, both inside and outside of school.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to convey information and build strong working relationships.
- Self-directed and takes initiative to ask questions, identify opportunities for improvement and participate in making changes.
- Competent in use of common PC desktop applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Junior or Senior student of any major, with a preference toward Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field.