Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines
At FHLB Des Moines, we work each day to develop an inclusive culture that supports and leverages the complexity of a diverse workforce. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed.
As the Diversity and Inclusion Intern at Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines, you will join an exceptionally passionate, collaborative and committed team working together towards our vision of creating a culture of inclusion.
As a member of the Human Resources team, you’ll gain exposure to our diversity and inclusion strategy and how to develop and implement programs that support the Bank’s diversity goals. You’ll work closely with the VP/Diversity Manager as well as members of the Human Resources team to coordinate and facilitate activities and initiatives that ultimately drive our strategy forward. A demonstrated interest in event planning, program management and community engagement is desired, and a commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential.
Each intern will also be responsible for a team research project throughout the 12-week program. This will be a real-life project that will give you hands-on business experience. You will finish your internship with a presentation to Bank’s executive team. This is a full-time paid summer internship that begins mid-May through mid-August 2020.
- Junior or senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in diversity and inclusion, program management or instructional design
- Previous exposure to diversity and inclusion and event planning ideal, but not a must
- Experience with project management and project coordination
- Experience using social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook for branding and external marketing purposes
- Ability to successfully partner and collaborate with internal stakeholders, team members and external partners
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated business acumen in financial services industry a plus, but not a must
- Solid organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Highly flexible, ability to execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook