In this internship, you will have the opportunity to be part of some pretty cool projects while learning how to use our platform and the DNAnexus SDK. On a daily basis, you will be working hands-on with genomics sequence analysis and using popular tools such as NGS, BWA, and GATK to translate data pipelines into the DNAnexus platform, use cloud resources to optimize and accelerate them, and confirm their scientific validity. Coding is a big part of the role, so expect some of your time to be spent building core technologies for scaling up systems to thousands of servers for managing and analyzing petabytes of data. This is the tip of the iceberg -- there is much, much more….
- Familiarity with concepts of genomics and general knowledge of NGS and its applications
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Python, C++, Java, etc
- Juniors pursuing degree in computer Science, bioinformatics, computational Biology, or related field
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure such as AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with common bioinformatics applications is a plus
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!