Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Requisition ID # 37746
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : Concord
Information Technology (IT) is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Asset Management team is responsible for identifying and onboarding critical IT assets, the services they provide, and specific asset attributes.
One critical asset area covers our telecom and circuit assets which are currently maintained in our Telecom Circuit Database (TCD). The TCD is used by our Wire Chiefs, Network Specialist, Telecom Engineers, Design Drafters, and Engineering and Planning teams to review circuit paths, identify and notify clients on impacted equipment during Clearances or emergency outages, identify spare infrastructure capacity and future needs, and to associate circuits to downstream/upstream assets. I.e. microwaves, fiber muxes, and channel banks.
The scope of this project is to review our current processes, identify gaps, provide mitigation for those gaps, and make a recommendation of buy or build
Asset Management is looking for a talented, energetic, curious intern to help support the TCD project. The Asset Management Business Analyst will be working with the team to deliver the following:
- Gather and document As is Processes
- Working with key stakeholders to develop business processes and gap analysis
- Develop requirements
- Develop process diagrams
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced asset management Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Project Managers and Product Specialist. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger IT organization through the work they will be performing.
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related fields. (students MUST be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship)
- Must have a valid driver’s license or obtain one at least 30 days prior to start date.
- Experience in Microsoft suite (MS Word, VISIO, Excel)
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other visa for this position.