Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world? Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
Xcel Energy’s Customer Solutions department seeks an intern to support the demand-side management (DSM) programs. The intern should be able to work 20 to 40 hours per week during business hours and will support the day-to-day operations of product management. The candidate will develop their knowledge of energy efficiency to assist our customers use less energy more efficiently. The position is located in our downtown Minneapolis headquarters.
You will support Product Portfolio Managers in implementing product marketing plans and operational processes required to deliver products to commercial & industrial (C&I) customers in the business segment.
Activities performed by the intern could include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of program communications; analysis of communication channels and results.
- Coordination of salesforce.com data management, reporting, and analytics
- Invoice tracking and processing.
- Customer and program data management.
- Tracking of and insight into customer and industry trends.
- Coordinating, creation and revision of literature.
- Implementation of product planning including developing and monitoring the success of plans.
- Coordinate special marketing projects upon request including: organizing and participating in special promotions, trade shows, seminars, training presentations, and customer and vendor visits/presentations.
- Create, build and maintain relationships that enhance performance of business unit, including sales team and vendor relations.
- Support product sales through providing information and problem resolution for sales team and vendors.
College 3rd year student or higher majoring in marketing or a related field, with good communication, customer focus, organization, project management, and analytical skills who has completed core marketing and/or marketing communications coursework.
- Must have good computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Please list current GPA.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51680:Comml and Ind Cust Programs || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 20197
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Intern, Communications, Marketing Communications, Product Manager, Entry Level, Part Time, Marketing, Operations