The Robert E. Morris Company
The Robert E. Morris Company, a regional distributor of CNC machine tools, tooling and accessories, and related engineering and support services, is seeking an ambitious and success driven Junior Sales Engineer for the VT/Western MA territory. We are looking for someone who has a background in supplier relationship management, but we are willing to train the right individual. This role will provide exciting opportunities to work for a dynamic company in a fast-paced, growing industry. The Robert E. Morris Company is a division of Morris Group, Inc., one of the largest machine tool distribution networks in North America.
As a Junior Sales Engineer, you will be working hands-on with a Senior Sales Engineer to prepare action plans for the effective search of sales leads and prospects. You will collaborate with Engineering, Service, Contract Administration and management to provide accountability and follow-up to our customers. Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with customers and engineers on pre-sale activities including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine and part processing assessments and recommendations, and development of turnkey proposals
- Integrating sales and individual activity into CRM system (Salesforce)
- Developing new accounts, servicing existing accounts, and generating new leads to ensure territory is effectively covered and supported
- Creating annual business plans and sales strategies for the territory to meet company sales goals and profitability
- Maintaining involvement on turnkey projects, demonstrations and other customer related projects to meet deadlines and budgets
§ Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
The successful candidate will have the passion to follow the sales process from discovery to closing stages. The Junior Sales Engineer will possess strong, professional communication and presentation skills. This motivated team player should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with CRM Software is a plus. Previous experience with machine tools is not required, although technical aptitude is beneficial. This position requires frequent travel throughout a regional sales territory.
The Robert E. Morris Company offers competitive salary plus commission, comprehensive benefits packages, paid business expenses and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.