Arlington International Race Course LLC
Assist Arlington International Racecourse Marketing Department by supporting Arlington International digital media initiatives executed via Arlington International social media channels, email campaigns and arlingtonpark.com.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and execution of social media marketing campaigns as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Assistant Marketing Manager.
- Curate relevant content to disseminate to Arlington International fans via social media.
- Monitor discussions regarding Arlington International and engage fans in such discussions, while providing prompt responses to any inquiries posed to the company via social media.
- Actively contribute creative ideas for online contests and polls and social media event promotion strategies and aide in their execution.
Track and manage the inventory of contests hosted and prizes given away on social media.
Create editorial content for email campaigns.
- Execute race day initiatives; assist in hands-on set up and take down of all race day content for on-site contests, signage, promotions, activities and events.
- Maintain and grow Marketing Department photograph archives.
- Assist with the creation and strategic implementation of event and facility signage.
- Provide detailed recaps of all marketing events and associated digital promotion.
- Compile weekly reports showing social media growth, trends and posts.
- Attend pre-race day marketing meetings.
- Interact directly with guests and utilize customer service skills to increase participation in on-site promotions, in social media promotions and in customer surveys.
- Actively contribute creative ideas for on-site contests, entertainment and marketing events.
- Assist Marketing Department with administration needs.
- Occasionally build fan engagement on and off-site with mascot appearances.
- Occasionally participate as an active member of Arlington International Promotional Team; attend community events and interact with area residents to promote the Arlington brand, encourage ticket sales and capture data.
- Must be available to start in May. Hours will vary but range from 30-40 hours per week. The ideal candidate is available May 1-September 26.
- Weekend, evening and holiday availability is required.
- Must be a team player, people-oriented, a good problem solver, detailed, able to communicate clearly and accurately, creative, courteous, professional, enthusiastic, computer literate, and a strong proofreader.
- Must be trustworthy and fully dedicated to do what it takes for the company to be successful.
- Must be a self-starter, with a strong sense of urgency in tackling challenges.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial attitude coupled with the ability to implement programs with high attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to manage your own schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent human relations and communications skills are essential. The ability to communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external contacts is required.
- Must be extremely punctual.
Education, Training and Experience:
Recent graduate or enrolled college student majoring in Marketing, Communications, or Business.
Must have experience and knowledge of basic computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Adobe Design Suite and Graphic Design experience a plus.
- Knowledge of social media, particularly in a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- Knowledge of email communications and campaigns a plus.
- Flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays throughout the entire 2020 season, which runs from May through September.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger reach, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Arlington International Racecourse reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
- Must have experience and knowledge of basic computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.Adobe Design Suite and Graphic Design experience a plus.Knowledge of social media, particularly in a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Knowledge of email communications and campaigns a plus.
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field
- Bachelors or better in Communication or related field
- Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business