HITT Contracting Inc.
HITT Contracting, a Washington Post Top Workplace, seeks a summer intern to join our Human Resources team from May to August in the Falls Church, VA headquarters office. This entry-level intern will be exposed to a multitude of functions including human resources and recruiting administration, onboarding logistics, and policy and project support. This individual will work to support many teams within the Human Resources Department to include, but not limited to, assisting with benefits administration, conducting office tours, completing data entry, preparing onboarding documents, researching HR industry trends and pre-screening candidates. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and Recruiting and will be mentored/managed on a day-to-day basis by multiple members of the Human Resources team.
The ideal candidate possesses a high attention to detail in all tasks assigned, that range from day-to-day operations to taking on challenging special projects. In order to excel in this position, one must have a great attitude, sense of accountability, excellent communication skills, and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all business matters. Candidates must apply via the HITT.com job posting.
- Seeking a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business Administration, Business Management, or associated majors with completed Human Resources courses
- Must be a rising junior or senior
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Must be able to work efficiently in a deadline-oriented environment while maintaining quality
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and/or Adobe Creative Suite is highly desirable
- Knowledgeable of fundamental HR principals and practices
- A self-starter and excellent, can-do attitude
- Proven track record in problem-solving and maintaining confidentiality
- Willingness to go the extra mile
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.