Grady Health System
New Graduate Nurse Residency - Grady Health System
- A two-year, curriculum based residency program which supports evidence based practice and is designed to complement hospital and nursing orientations and specialty training to a specific unit in the acute care/critical care areas
- Potential residency openings in: (Please note that all departments may not be available for every cohort, position availability is based upon each department’s need.)
- Acute Care/Medical Surgical
- Behavioral Health/Psychiatric
- Critical Care/ICU (*See note below)
- Emergency (*See note below)
- Operating Room (Periop 101)
- Women's Health/Perinatal Services
- Neurology ICU/Stepdown
- An extended orientation period to your unit with a trained, experienced nurse preceptor
- A dedicated Advanced Clinical Nurse, as the Residency Program Coordinator, to serve as a support and resource
- Interactive monthly classes that will assist you in the application of the knowledge you have gained through your coursework to real patient situations
- Guidance and support in completing an evidence-based practice group project in the clinical setting
- Access to professional development opportunities and resources
- Must have ADN, BSN or MSN degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Georgia licensure, as a Registered Nurse, prior to the program start date
- Must be a graduate from nursing school, within the past year, with less than one year employment as a Registered Nurse, by the program start date.
- Must meet all application requirements as stated by Grady Healthcare
- Signed agreement through Grady Health System for a two-year, full time commitment.
- For Critical Care/ER positions: Previous clinical experiences in these areas, such as work; externship; clinical rotations; senior practicum; volunteer experience; or have taken specific courses as part of your nursing curriculum, for these specialty areas, strongly preferred. (Please attach a copy of your resume and unofficial or official transcript.)
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Health Care Provider Card required.
- Successfully have taken and passed NCLEX and received your GA Nursing License prior to the program start date.