We Are Hiring
Title: Nursing OR Internship Program - PERIOP Program - March Cohort - OR RN
City/State: Nashville, TN
Facility: Saint Thomas Midtown and Saint Thomas West
Additional Details: Periop Program, Nursing OR Internship Program, Full-Time, March Cohort 3/17/2020
Periop 101 Program:
The Periop 101 Program utilizes a comprehensive, blended curriculum designed to help nurses succeed in the surgical environment. Along with evidence based e-learning modules our program offers hands-on experience in simulations, skills labs and clinicals.
Currently we offer 3 cohorts a year: Spring (March), Summer (July) & Fall (October). The first 7 weeks of each cohort combine classroom learning with clinical observation. After the successful completion of AORN's Periop 101: A Core Curriculum, interns will begin their 12-16 week preceptorship as circulating nurses in the OR.
What You Will Do:
As a Operating Room Nurse with Saint Thomas, you will have the opportunity to deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures. The OR provides an exciting opportunity for RN's who are flexible, energetic, and love to work as a team.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician and OR team with surgical tasks including patient positioning
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Interviews the patient, makes sure the OR is prepared with equipment, instrumentation, and supplies
- Communicate with the families throughout the procedure
- Beyond that you will be supportive of the OR team at the surgical field
- Responsible for operating speciality equipent (lasers, zeego, acist injector, medrad)
- Troubleshoot endoscopic tower equipment
- Complete documentation throughout the procedure
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition Compact State obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)