New Home Star
We are looking for a motivated, detailed, and service-oriented professional who is looking for a fun and flexible workplace that encourages innovation. While we are proud to have flourished these past ten years in the real estate industry, we still classify ourselves as a growing company. There are countless opportunities for someone in this position to quickly move up our Career Path. We're growing, fun, ambitious, and highly motivated to succeed. This combination creates an environment where you can develop professionally and find a long-term place for your career aspirations. Our Corporate Support Office is located in the heart of downtown Elmhurst and is not your typical “corporate” setting. We embrace collaboration with an open office concept. Imagine an office where the fridge is never empty, whiteboards are on walls, and ESPN is playing in the background. Company-branded hoodies are the norm, and neckties hardly exist. We love our company culture, and truly value the time we share with one another. From celebrating holidays in the office with potlucks and team outings to getting out and giving back to our local community, and receiving generous time off to spend with our friends and family, this is an awesome place to work!
We have created a culture that has been honored with multiple awards, including Crain's Chicago Best Places to Work and Top CEO! We encourage you to read up on Glassdoor.com about us, visit our website at www.newhomestar.com and check out our Youtube videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-hhKTonQzDqmT96JarzKLA/videos.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Here at New Home Star, we believe in the power of teamwork. As a member of the Human Resources team, you will work alongside a team of driven professionals working towards one goal: to build the best new home sales company in the world. lf you have the drive and passion to expand your career, you may be a great fit for our rapidly growing team!
RESPONSIBILITIES and AREAS of LEARNING:
- Assist the HR department with the recruiting and onboarding of new hires. We hired 200+ team members in 2019 and expect to do the same in 2020!
- Learn and assist with administrative HR tasks such as proper filing requirements, data entry and working on both short and long term projects to enhance the department and the company.
- Assist with ongoing benefit administration for new hires, qualifying life events of current employees as well as separations from the company.
- Work with our team of Recruiting Coordinators to screen candidate resumes, administer pre-employment assessments and communicate with hiring managers across the country in regards to ongoing interviews.
- Collaborate and network with other departments such as Marketing, Finance, Operations and Technology at our Corporate Support Office on a wide array of cross-departmental projects.
- Other assortment of projects and tasked as discussed and assigned by the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Enrolled in or a recent graduate with a Bachelor's Degree, majoring in Human Resources or similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to multi-task
- Strong desire to learn and absorb as much information as you can and grow with the role
- PAID internship while you learn and gain mastery of your chosen field of study.
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work a customized schedule to fit your education needs while you complete your degree program.
- Fully stocked kitchen with a variety of options for breakfast and lunch so you don't have to spend a dime on food.
- Monthly corporate office outings and networking events to have fun and engage with your co-workers.
- Hands on experience in a corporate Human Resources department to begin utilizing your education in real world situations.
- Ability to work alongside other interns in multiple departments to share experiences and knowledge as you work toward the common goal of graduation.
- If you perform well in the internship role, there is a good possibility of the internship turning into a full-time role with our Human Resources department.