Essential functions and responsibilities in this role include:
- New product design and development
- Troubleshooting basic issue reports & implementing software solutions
- Communicating status of work & providing visibility to supervisor
- Learning how to use & apply various engineering tools as needed for the role
- Planning technical work to meet team objectives
- Applying design standards and procedures to implement basic designs
- Thoroughly documenting work in an organized manner
- Working collaboratively in a team environment to achieve individual & team goals
Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must demonstrate relevant experience and/or training in firmware development using C or other selected languages
- Must possess relevant experience and/or training in data structures or object-oriented design methodology relevant to Garmin’s business need
- A cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 and previous experience working in a team environment is highly preferred!
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Test cutting-edge Garmin products before they are released
- No formal dress code
- Assigned mentor to answer your questions and help you grow in your technical skillsets
- Associate discount on consumer products
- Stipend option for interns whose permanent address is located more than 50 miles from Garmin’s office
- If you join us full-time, your time as an intern counts towards becoming fully vested with your 401K
- Applicants will be considered for all U.S. locations; this excludes Salem, Oregon.
- Applicants will also be considered for all SWE internship positions open at Garmin, excluding Salem, Oregon.
- Applicants will be considered for all Garmin business segments (i.e., Aviation, Fitness, Marine, Outdoor, Auto OEM, Consumer Automotive, etc.).