ActiveUnited Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day support to SPU team members on key strategic planning and results reporting exercises at the corporate and field levels.
- Assist in analyzing the results from UN Women’s corporate Results Management System, including for the Executive Director’s Annual Report to the Executive Board, and provide of feedback on key trends and patterns and highlight achievements as well as improved performance of results in programmatic areas, drawing on information from monitoring and reporting systems and other sources.
- Provide knowledge management support, contribute to the development of products, showcasing programme results and contribute to events and announcements relevant to the practice of RBM within UN Women, and maintain SPU’s internal page up-to-date.
- Support the revision and development of business processes of UN Women related to strategic planning and results-based monitoring/reporting.
- Assist with administrative and communication tasks, prepare responses, manage the correspondence with field and HQ units.
- To become familiar with UN Women’s work and the UN System;
- To increase knowledge on UN Women’s key processes such as corporate strategic planning and reporting;
- To gain knowledge on RBM by completing RBM e-learning module (and concomitant certificate);
- To strengthen communication and organisation skills through supporting various task, including the internal communication activities of the team; and
- Build professionalism and respect for diversity by working as a team member in a multicultural setting.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent writing, analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point); data analysis skills an asset.
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and address competing priorities;
- Ability to work with different actors, including through remote contact;
- Willingness to work in an “all hands-on deck” environment, and engage in a variety of tasks;
- Knowledge of the UN System and human rights/women’s rights issues an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: gender studies, international development, political or social science, public administration, project management or other relevant subjects is required.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation, or Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
- All applicants must submit a completed and signed P.11 form with their application.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we can ONLY contact successful candidates.
- Successful candidate will be required to provide proof of enrollment in a valid health insurance plan at the duty station of the internship, proof of school enrollment or degree, a scanned copy of their passport/national ID and a copy of a valid visa (as applicable).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.