Part-Time to Full-Time Hours/ Design Student Intern
The Perfect Fit
You are organized and creative with a passion for design and furniture—especially the spaces that facilitate respite, collaboration, and flexibility. Managing multiple tasks comes easily to you and you never miss deadlines! At the same time, you bring creativity to your work and believe in researching to find unique design solutions while also tracking every detail of finish and function. You might be new to the furniture or design industry, but you have a thirst for learning and developing your skills. You pride yourself for completing projects in a timely, professional manner and with stunning results. This is a support position to the Ancillary Design Team with a primary role of managing the Materials library and assisting with design related data entry.
Our world is environments – physical settings that include furniture, accessories, and modular architectural products. We are committed to helping our customers create inspiring workspaces for a new era that is bringing dramatic changes to the workplace. We are passionate about design, creativity, and helping our customers transform their workspaces. We work hard to deliver the best to our customers, but we still make time to connect, chill, and enjoy life. If this sounds like you, come join our team!
The Ancillary Design Coordinator performs, among others, the following duties:
- Maintenance and management of the material finish sample library, including tracking stock of, ordering, and organizing fabrics and surface finishes
- Design process related data entry
- Compiles and organizes design-related data including CAD blocks, Excel sheets of budgetary furniture pricing, warranty documents, and fabric testing approval documents.
- Aiding with memo samples and finishes in preparation for client presentations including ordering, tracking, receiving, and labeling.
- Manage procurement of furniture samples including requesting delivery of chairs from manufacturers/reps, tracking inventory, and coordinating/tracking/returning samples.
- Assist Designers with vendor communication, quote requests, COM testing process.
- Assist with furniture budget spreadsheets and data-entry (Excel, CAP2020).
- Provide support to Designers on special research and technical projects.
- Research and follow product trends and developments from our vendor partners and the wider design market.
- Deliver effective, professional, and timely communication with vendors, industry partners, and internal teams.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with exceptional communication skills.
- Must exhibit a passion for Design and follow the latest design trends in our industry.
- 1-2 years of design experience or actively in design school is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Powerpoint, MS Word and MS Excel.
Environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time