American Modern Insurance Group
Do you think that interns just run errands and make copies? Not here, American Modern interns are given real, meaningful work.
The Accounting department provides an atmosphere that encourages teamwork and develops individual skills. We respond promptly and accurately to the needs of our customers. The goal of the Accounting department is to report accurate and timely financial information and to continuously review and improve our work processes through planning, training and communication. One of the main functions of Accounting is to report vital financial information serving internal and external customers. All departments rely on us to provide timely and accurate financial reporting. Our external customers include policyholders, who rely upon our prompt payment processing, and agents, who rely upon our courteous customer service.
As a valued intern with our Accounting Compliance team, you will:
- Work with management in order to gain understanding of the audited processes.
- Execute ‘MARSOX’ (Annual Financial Reporting Model Audit Rule) control testing (IT and financial reporting) in accordance with established auditing standards
- Complete documentation including testing templates, working papers, and accumulation of evidential matter in accordance with established audit standards.
- Review ‘MARSOX’ (Annual Financial Reporting Model Audit Rule) control testing (IT and financial reporting) in accordance with established auditing standards
- Assist in the document connecting of the MARSOX processes within the organization
- Execute testing needed to support the external auditor
- Assist in follow up/updating of control deficiencies and documenting progress made during the year
- Main project: Help convert the testing and monitoring tracking from a manual spreadsheet to a cloud based tool
Summer interns have the opportunity to explore future careers with American Modern.
- You’re obtaining a bachelor's or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- A GPA of 3.2 +
- A junior standing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to work full-time for 12 weeks
- You must have permanent work authorization in the U.S.
- Group innovation project with expert coaches
- Intern volunteer day
- Breakfast with CEO
- Q & A session with senior leadership
- Job shadows
- Networking opportunities
- Employee Resource Group participation
As a national leader in specialty P&C insurance, American Modern helps everyday Americans lead one of kind lives. Our products include innovative insurance solutions for collector cars, motorcycles, boats, yachts, vacation homes, manufactured homes and pet insurance.
For the last 6 years running, American Modern has been named a Top Workplace by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Our campus includes the following amenities: Starbucks, wellness clinic, cafeteria, fitness center, rec. room with ping-pong and foosball, concierge to run errands and outdoor walking trails.