Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
This position will provide students with the opportunity to assist the Cargill Risk Management Trading team in daily activities. Internship will be focused on assisting the team with trade entry, position reporting, and hedging. Students can expect to learn to quote prices in commodity markets, develop an understanding of risk management products and provide support to traders and marketers. This is a hands-on internship where we will assess the ability of the intern to function as an option trader by observing the struggles and successes in performing the tasks as a junior member of the trading team.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year, based job availability.
- We offer a business casual work environment (depending on the office location) and an inclusive, diverse culture and collaborative culture that fosters teamwork.
- Hopkins, MN
- Currently pursuing or have recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD in an accredited program related to Finance, Economics, Physical Science or Mathematics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong math/quantitative skills
- Interest in a trading career
- Strong Spreadsheet skills, including formula competency
- Strong attention to detail/facts and ability to interpret information
- Experience with C++, C#, or Java programming
Job Trading & Merchandising
Primary Location United States