Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
Job Description: Corporate Communications Intern
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and results-driven Communications Intern to join our Communications Center of Excellence (CCOE). The corporate communications intern will help our global team implement strategic communication programs, including media relations, social media and internal strategies that enhance the company’s reputation with internal and external stakeholders and help drive business objectives. We are looking for a compelling storyteller who can craft effective communications and is willing to learn and contribute across all practices within the function.
The corporate communications intern will work alongside the head of communications and key managers to help deploy strategies that will:
- Strengthen CDK Global employee engagement through the creation, execution, and measurement of strategic internal/employee communications
- Improve the company’s reputation by cultivating relationships with media and industry influencers
Build a global social presence that supports business priorities
- Draft and edit communications for multiple audiences including emails, web content, newsletters, PowerPoint Presentations, and more
- Test and optimize internal channels, including employee portal, video, social, global meetings and potential new technology
- Proactively compose and edit press releases on a variety of topics
- Support thought leadership initiatives – from content development to platform amplification
- Interface with, and provide communications support to, various groups including Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Marketing, Finance, Product, R&D, and Leadership
- Work with internal and external agency partners and internal Creative team members to ensure internal brand consistency across the company
- Build communications templates and repositories of samples for various types of communications
- Assist with other related communications projects as appropriate
- Must be a matriculated student, GPA of 3.0 higher preferred
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Mass Media, Journalism, English or related field
- Exceptional verbal communications, writing (AP Style), interviewing and editing skills for a variety of audiences
- Strong, analytical, process and troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail, superb organizational and follow-up skills
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses strong, project management, planning and research skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Positive, driven and energetic team player; able to roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
- Professional, reliable, enthusiastic and ready to learn
- Passion and spark for helping to create a winning CDK culture
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.