You’re a motivated rising junior or above student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Communications - Public Relations, Media
- Human Resources
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Support the accessibility learning function Create, review, edit and update customer and employee facing content around the accessibility of Spectrum's products and services Research industry best practices as it relates to the accessibility learning and oversight functions Track metrics and gather feedback from customers and employees around the experience or journey of accessibility customers as appropriate
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Works well in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Business Analysis
- Customer service skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Technical documentation
- Works well independently