You’re a motivated rising junior with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Engineering – Computer Science, Software Development, Coding, Programming
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Work with product owners from the business and delivery managers within IT to understand requirements
- Map API endpoints that communicate with the service layer. The response from the service layer is consumed, and used to populate the (Gateway) UI.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Masters level degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Oral and written skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira.Confluence)
- Linux, Unix
- Software development, SDLC
- Technical documentation