Border States Electric
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Fargo , ND
- 12-week summer program (May 18 – August 7)
- 40 hours per week – PAID
- Leadership and Community Engagement projects
- Deadline for applicants is March 2, 2020
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
The Corporate Intern will develop a solid understanding of the department they are in as well as the overall business. The internship aims to provide our interns with challenging, real-world projects specific to their career path. Works within the department on day to day projects; projects will include but not be limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Works within the department on day to day projects; which include but are not limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Builds relationships through meetings, events and one-on-ones with various employee owners and leaders.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the company.
- Works on professional development through trainings, group projects and community involvement.
- Work closely with all avenues of HR including Recruitment, Training, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits and Change Management
- Knowledge of HR processes and policies
- Process Improvement skills preferred
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate
- Current student or new graduate (within last year) in a 2 or 4-year degree program.
- Strong knowledge of business office procedures, office equipment operation, data entry/keyboarding skills and communication systems helpful.
- Requires strong knowledge of PC for Windows and Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and OneNote).