Cambium Learning Group
- create and examine the impact of new features or models in scoring;
- examine elements of human rater scoring and their impact on modelling;
- examine the impact of sample size and other characteristics on modelling quality; or,
- examining the quality of various metrics on examining model quality.
- Pursuing Master’s or Ph.D. degree
- Coursework in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Linguistics or similar field
- Experience with engine calibration methods (e.g., sampling, pipeline, analysis)
- Course and/or work-based experience with machine learning models including multi-layer neural nets, natural language processing (NLP) methods (e.g., text handling, grammars, corpora use, latent semantic analysis; entity recognition), and in the evaluation of engine performance
- Coding ability with Python, machine learning frameworks (e.g., Keras, PyTorch) and related libraries for machine learning (e.g., scikit-learn) and NLP (NLTK, spaCy)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with others
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
Cambium Assessment is one of America’s leading K -12 educational assessment entities, currently holding prime contracts for educational testing and scoring in many states. We offer superior technology and next-generation questions making our tests valid, innovative, and informative. Our tests are able to collect more information on what each student knows and can do in the same amount of time as a traditional test – thus freeing up teachers to teach and students to learn.
Cambium Assessment joined Cambium Learning Group, Inc. as its sixth business unit in their existing portfolio on January 1, 2020. Cambium Learning Group, Inc. is a leading educational solutions and services company committed to helping all students reach their full potential. The company’s award-winning brands provide breakthrough technology solutions for students and teachers—including best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional programs; gold-standard professional development; valid and reliable assessments; and products that enable access to learning for all students. With this new relationship, Cambium Assessment has been positioned to grow and expand into new markets unlocking even greater opportunities for success. Click here for more information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.