Spend your summer with Benefitfocus! We are accepting applications for our upcoming Summer 2020 Internship program. Internship positions will be full-time, paid positions based in our Charleston, SC Hub. This is an 11-week program, May 26th – August 7th, 2020.
As a Benefitfocus Intern, your work will directly support the initiatives and success of Benefitfocus as a whole. You will have real and valuable work responsibilities as part of your team and most importantly, you will have the opportunity use your education and skills to make an impact and form key professional relationships.
Business Analytics Intern
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with defining internal metrics and delivering business analytics requests to understand business process performance and gain insights into how customers are using our solutions.
- Using data visualization tools to build reports and dashboards to support business decisions and process outcomes.
- Interpreting results, drawing conclusions, and communicating those findings to internal stakeholders.
Qualifications & Desired Experience:
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Decision Science, Analytics, Marketing (concentration in Analytics), Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related field
- Rising Junior or Senior, or current graduate student preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience with data analysis and visualization. Analyzing data, building dashboards, presenting data
- Experience with SQL or Business Intelligence tools like PowerBI a Plus
- Prior internship, work, or independent experience in analytics or data analysis. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Applicants must be current students, and able to work a full-time schedule in our Charleston, SC Hub.
The Summer Internship Program incorporates daily work responsibilities in your area of focus, as well as programming with other Interns across the company to supplement your work experience give insight to all areas of our company and industry. You can expect Internship and Team social events, Lunch & Learns, Leadership Q&A’s, and more!
The Internship Project is an important component of the Internship experience. As an Intern you will work on an independent project with your Manager over the course of the summer. At the end of the summer you will present your project to an audience of Benefitfocus peers and leadership.