Are you currently studying Human Resources, Economics, Business or a related field and want to gain valuable experience within a Human Resources function at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies?
The Equinix Human Resources (HR) team is looking for an intern to work on HR related projects at our global headquarters in Redwood City. You will thrive on working in a fast-paced environment and will have the ability to meet deadlines. Day to day activities will include diary management, meeting coordination, event coordination, stakeholder management, general admin including status reports, PowerPoint deck creation, maintaining excel records, attending meetings to capture action items, and any other related tasks as required for the role. In this role, you will also be working on a key global process and project for the company—our annual performance review process and implementing significant enhancements to it.
This internship will give you the opportunity to gain sound knowledge and understanding of HR processes, practices and initiatives. You will also gain essential project management skills working within a highly efficient HR project management team.
Who are we?
Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. With over 200 datacenters in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development.
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Proven organizational skills and strong multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work in an agile, high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Creative, analytical, and detail-oriented self-starter who can work successfully both independently and as part of a team
You will gain valuable work experience as part of Project Management Office (PMO) HR team developing and administering the Portfolio Management tools, templates, processes and project management methodology. Act as a focal point for all project portfolio information, including documentation and process compliance, resource assignments, time tracking, project metadata, etc. Your duties may include but are not limited to the following –
- Provide administrative support and assist Project Managers’ with schedule changes, resource assignment, change requests, and project closure, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of all workflows, paperwork and change requests.
- Perform audits to ensure compliance with project lifecycle methodology and policies.
- Coordinate reporting and analytics of resource & project time reporting, ensure high quality data is maintained by project manager’s, including project financials, status, issue/risk management, business case information, etc.
- Prepare reports and high-quality presentations in support of the PMO function.
- Assist the PMO Director with leadership communications, presentations, strategic planning, etc. Assist with any other tasks as requested by the PMO Director.
- Participating in the project intake process within the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Attending and co-hosting prioritization meetings, attending project status meetings and working along with project manager/ PMO Director towards project delivery.