At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY:The UC Team Member Experience (TME) intern will work on projects within the TME discipline to include recognition programs and events, conduct surveys gather feedback on Team Member experiences during onboarding and internship midpoint touch bases to identify enhancements, work on creating efficiencies within the current TME programs to include Appreciation Stations, Pathfinder, Onboarding Surveys, Mentorship, and Leadership Rotation Experience.
- Assist the University Relations team with resume review, coordinating and conducting phone screens, midpoint touch bases, and exit interviews for other interns.
- Assist the TME Program Specialist with TME specific programs.
- Assist the Sr. Coordinator and Sr. HR Representative of TME with Recognition Programs and events to include Monthly Anniversary and Birthday recognitions, IDEA Awards presentations and Team Member events and project opening celebrations.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ***The UC TME intern will gain familiarity with HRIS, Local US and International Client groups, leadership and skill development, opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills, gaining industry knowledge in themed entertainment, career exploration, as well as networking opportunities***
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above. Human Resources Management degree strongly preferred.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred coursework: Human Resources, Business Administration, Hospitality Management
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with internal or external communication and platforms and/or events is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and critical problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to write and understand standard operating procedures
- Effectively present information and respond to general questions
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Summer internships are from May 2020 to August 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE