Location(s): CO - Denver
Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world? Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
Xcel Energy is seeking candidates for internships located in Minneapolis, MN. The opportunity will be in, Business Area Finance reporting underneath the Controller Organization.
Business Area Finance:
Business Area Finance is the financial and accounting support for the operations business area. We are responsible for many functions including but not limited to support the business in the month-end close process, forecasting, budgeting, regulatory reporting and financial management reporting.
Our interns receive training on our general ledger system and other supporting systems. Typical responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist in the month-end close process
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for operations
- Assist in data analysis including trend, labor and cost element analysis
- Assist in data analysis for regulatory reporting
- In pursuit of a Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel and Word.
- Positive and self-motivated
- Candidates that have completed 3 yrs of undergraduate coursework
- Completion of intermediate Accounting and/or Finance classes
- Please attach unofficial transcript
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75010:Transmission Finance || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 21035
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Intern, Law, Sustainability, Entry Level, Legal, Part Time, Energy