Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Our summer intern program runs for 12 weeks, May - September.
Job duties and projects could include:
- Root cause analysis and documentation of software defects.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to testing challenges.
- Innovate on existing processes to drive continuous improvement.
- Test and certify features for release
- Write utilities / automation tools using Selenium, Java, REST, Python, Groovy, and more
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs.
SW Test Engineer Interns will be placed within one of the following Tech Organizations at Visa:
Digital and Developer Platform: Develop, deliver, and manage end-to-end technology products, services, capabilities, and solutions while collaborating with a global community of client, merchant, and partner developers to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets
Issuer Processing: Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions and is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets
- Merchant + Acquirer Processing: Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) is focused on executing the Visa Merchant Strategy, building deeper merchant and acquirer relationships and increasing Total Merchant Value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
- Pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Experience with Write utilities / automation tools using Selenium, Java, REST, Python, Groovy, and more
- Familiarity with software testing principles
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Document process, designs, test results, and analysis
- Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
- Review and provide feedback on development code, test designs and test cases
- Communicate status frequently to project stakeholders
- Team player who is able to work independently with general supervision
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.