Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered…Explore the Opportunities!
Laboratory Research Intern
Thank you for exploring a summer internship with NCH Corporation, an international company where we work in small teams that have a direct impact on success. Our Summer Internship Program is a project-based internship and a great opportunity to gain real work experience and learn from some of the best! Our full-time paid program is 10 weeks and begins in June 2020. We are looking for a Laboratory Research Intern to support our Global Research and Development team. This intern will expand their knowledge of instrumental analysis, testing processes and techniques, and how these impact the precision, accuracy, and quality of analytical work. Join our summer internship program as a Laboratory Research Intern where our future begins with you!
A little about us
Let’s start with some information about NCH so you can get to know us better. NCH Corporation is a privately held, family-owned, global business headquartered Irving, Texas, near Dallas. We have more than 7,500 employees, offices and facilities on six continents, and clients in more than 50 countries. This includes our corporate headquarters as well as subsidiary companies. We clean and conserve water, save energy, and deliver best-in-class maintenance solutions, with a focus on industrial and commercial businesses.
- About NCH and our history
- Our products and solutions
- NCH brands and divisions
About the Program
Our internship program, Boost, is a paid internship that combines real-work experience with professional development opportunities, leadership guidance, and community involvement. Start your career learning from the best!
- 10 Week Program - June 2020- August 20202
- Project Based - Work on meaningful projects where you will gain hands-on experience in your chosen field.
- Community Involvement - See how NCH gives back to the community first-hand by joining us in volunteering
- Professional Development - Get a head start on developing soft skills necessary for success in any workplace
Culture and benefits
We’re a global company with a family feel, offering the same benefits of an international corporation with the personal relationships of a small business. Working in our small teams and close-knit environment, you’d never guess we had a 7,500+ employee head count. We realize a job is more than just a job – it’s an extension of your life and family – and we’re committed to maintaining just that. For us, culture is not just a perk; it’s essential to how we thrive. And that’s speaking for 100 years in the business!
- Employee-centric environment (regular corporate activities, personal relationships, small teams)
- Family-first attitude (work-life balance support, flexible hours)
- Approachable leadership (collaboration with top leaders, open-door policy)
- Growth-oriented mindset (autonomy, creative freedom to explore new ideas)
- Wellness initiatives (on-site fitness facility and cafeteria, walking trail)
- Community involvement (volunteering, fundraisers, charity events, school sponsorships and donations)
- Personal and professional development and growth
If this sounds like a fit for you so far, keep reading.
Day- to- Day Work examples
- Run various analyses on hand held devices; drop test analysis, and titrations
- Own corrosion testing and data collection process, including cleaning, data entry/ pictures, and making recommendations.
- Analyze historical coupon testing data and interpret insights to further improve recommendations make to reps
- Test and review all standard operating procedures to propose updates and improvements to the process
- Analyze cost data for savings comparison of intern analysis versus subcontract analysis
- Assist with sample disposal
A little about you
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other related major
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communicator, especially over email
- Project management and problem-solving skills
- Detail Oriented
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize more urgent assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Summer Internship is an 10 week program: June 2020 to August 2020
Sound like a fit for you?
If yes, jump aboard, and apply today.
For next steps, expect a direct phone or email response once we are able to review your application. We are committed to responding to all applicants, no matter the outcome, so we appreciate your patience to allow time for this. In the meantime, learn more about NCH and our culture by checking out ou r LinkedIn , Facebook , Instagram pages.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.