Starkey Hearing Technologies
Starkey Hearing Technologies has a 50-year history of success and we are an industry leader with customers, offices and manufacturing plants worldwide. Our success is a result of our employees – we hire the best and the brightest people whenever, and wherever, we find them.
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Founded by Bill Austin in 1967, Starkey is known for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. Led today by President Brandon Sawalich, Starkey is the only American-owned and operated provider of hearing technologies. The company has more than 5,000 employees, operates 24 facilities and does business in more than 100 markets worldwide.
The Mobile Software Development iOS team is building mobile applications for consumers and professionals for improving hearing and improving lives with leveraging sensor information from our mobile apps. Our work is typically done using the agile methodology. We work with a number of technologies: (iOS, Android, C#/.NET, & Cloud). We also have apps in both the App Store and Google.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern to work with our mobile team. Someone who is a self-starter and is passionate about delivering excellent mobile applications. Someone with high-energy and a motivation to work on the iOS platform.
Our Culture Provides:
- An experienced team built around a culture of professional growth and knowledge-sharing
- Opportunities to work on industry leading areas around sensors and AI
What you will be doing:
- Support the mobile team in building native mobile apps
- Utilizing Swift, C#/.NET & Cloud platforms
- Working closely with a team of mobile developers, testers, product managers
- Able to jointly and independently make decisions, define required changes, and communicate modifications to the entire project team
You will need:
Education: Working towards a degree in Computer Science / Engineering - junior or senior year in college
- Understanding of software design, development, and testing
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Programming experience in either of the following:
- Swift/ Objective C
- Experience with Reactive programming (RxSwift)
- Knowledge of Mobile Platform Architectures
- Knowledge of App Store submission and review process
- A published app in the App Store