University of Richmond
Responsible for performing a variety of duties in the care, prevention, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. This individual will be an integral part of the Sports Medicine team who must interact with the student athlete, athletic staff, and medical community. Sport assignment will be football and other sports as assigned by Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine. This is a 10 month position contracted for less than 1000 hours of service.
- Responsible for care and coverage of assigned sports in all phases including: game and practice coverage, travel and emergency preparation.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletically injured student athletes, in conjunction with the appropriate personal.
- Assist with the maintenance of athletic training room equipment.
- Daily record keeping and maintenance of student athlete files.
- Assist with annual physical examinations as requested.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Entry level knowledge of five domains of athletic training: prevention of athletic injuries, recognition, evaluation and immediate care of athletic injuries, rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries, health care administration, and professional development and responsibility.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training / Sports Medicine
- BOC certified or eligible to obtain certification
- VA Athletic Training State Licensure or eligible to obtain licensure
- CPR / AED Certified
- Part-time, non-exempt position
- This position is classified as limited term and will not exceed two years
- Actual work hours will vary, approximately 20 hours per week; Must be flexible to work nights and weekends as needed
Pay Grade 3 (Hiring Range $14.43 to $17.36 per hour)
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond.