Federal Home Loan Bank of New York
The Federal Home Loan Bank of New York is looking for an intern to join the Human Resources Department.
The appropriate candidate must perform projects to assist the Human Resources team in contributing to successful strategy development, communications, implementation and administration of various projects; specifically in the areas of Organizational Development, Recruitment and On-boarding. Assist with cross-departmental projects, as needed. Projects include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the Bank’s recruiting program
- Participate in various benefits initiatives
- Develop and/or maintain detailed excel spreadsheets for various projects
- Participate in research and development of organizational development programs
- Assist in the development of presentations with regards to Human Resources Strategic planning
- Assist in on-boarding process
- Participate in the development of in various Request for Proposal (RFP) projects as part of the vendor bidding process
- Assist with establishing a student loan reimbursement program at the Bank
- Assist in other ad-hoc projects
- Create spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentation and reports for various projects
- Support other projects within the areas of Benefits, Compensation and HR Information Systems, as needed
- Undergraduate Junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial and Labor Relations or Psychology majors preferred.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational, communication, project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- General working knowledge of Human Resources practices, systems and labor laws.
- Proficiency in Adobe Pro and Microsoft Suite; strong Excel skills preferred.
- Strong presentation and skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to lead or contribute to internal and cross-departmental projects.
- Internship experience in Human Resources preferably servicing a mid-sized organization.
- Workday experience a plus.