cs Software Engineer (The Sohrab Shah Lab) at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Are you a talented, highly skilled engineer with experience developing robust, enterprise level contemporary software systems?
Passionate about contributing meaningfully to contemporary progress in cancer research driven by advances in computing and data?
Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference with your career. We believe that this is an exciting role for someone who has the right background to be apart of our dynamic team and who wants to apply their skills to support our mission here. We are seeking a Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join our amazing team at MSK. Under the supervision of the group leader, you will provide support to research project Computational Oncology Service in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
Working in a team, the Bioinformatics Software Engineer will develop software to support leading edge, large scale research efforts in computational oncology including genomics, imaging and clinical data analysis and interpretation. Motivated by contributing meaningfully to contemporary progress in cancer research driven by advances in computing and data, we are seeking hardworking, highly skilled engineers with experience developing robust, enterprise level contemporary software systems.
We are recruiting developers in three key areas:
- Data analysis workflows in high performance computing systems (including cloud)
- Database engineering
- Data visualization
- Work and collaborate with a top-notch team of researchers, software engineers and medical doctors to build a platform for streamlining and automating genomic data analysis
- Implement and follow the standard methodologies in software development, code versioning, software testing and deployment and assists in unit/functional regression, and system testing
- Take part in technical discussion including but not limited to code reviews, and build/release management
- Process and analyze data from high-throughput next-generation sequencing
- Provide consultation and guidance to research scientists, as well as other bioinformatics and software engineers, at the Center
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situation
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of related experience. Masters preferred
- Very proficient in Python, experience in Java and C++
- Experience with Django development
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with cloud computing including Microsoft azure and/or AWS
- Familiarity with high performance computing
- Database experience including NoSQL (MongoDB, ElasticSearch) and SQL
- Experience with Apache Spark