UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Are you a current college junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months, majoring in Computer-related field with a Business focus? If so, we want to hear from you! UPS is looking for a dynamic Intern who is eager to obtain real-world, hands-on business experience.
The Business Process Improvement Intern identifies key elements of an existing financial process, within either the billing or collections functions, selected by the organization for review and improvement. He/She will observe the current process and user environment, determine steps needed to improve and/or automate the existing process, develop a solution and report the results. This internship provides exposure to multiple UPS systems, as well as Microsoft Office products related to process improvement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates process map of existing process
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and/or automation and designs automated procedures
- Develops and implements an interface and/or application to allow for completion of new work processes
- Composes new process map and documentation detailing new solution
- Monitors and captures results of implementing new application
Knowledge and Skills
- Current college junior or senior, or recent graduate within last 24 months, majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field
- Strong data manipulation and statistical analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Access
- Experience in SQL, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and VBA Automation
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Read the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law here.