Location(s): CO - Denver
Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world? Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
Interns will have the opportunity to join Xcel’s Energy Trading business in Denver and work with the regional trading desks and origination staff.
- Learning and understanding power and natural gas market, performing ad-hoc fundamental market analysis
- Structuring and pricing for commodity trading and long-term structured deals
- Perform analysis on portfolios and deals being evaluated by the desk
- Potential for programming and creation of automated analysis and risk management tools
- Build management and customer presentations
- Create models or tools as needed to assist traders in market views
- Pursuing a masters or 4-year undergraduate degree
- Majoring in finance, business, energy management, mathematics, engineering, or a computer science related field with an interest in business
- Driven, self-motivator with an interest in energy trading
- Excels at analysis and critical thinking
Excel, VBA, Python, SQL. Knowledge of microeconomic theory, statistical methods, financial derivative theory, and accounting a plus
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 25230:Man Dir Energy Trading || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 21106
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Risk Management, Database, Energy, Entry Level, Engineering, Finance, Technology