At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To collaborate. To think along with clients and sell. To create markets. To build. To design. To code. To consult. To invent. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Watson Health team is seeking highly talented individuals to fill a consultative, client-focused, relationship role.
At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
As a Digital Seller, you will build your digital mastery skills and expand your social influence with a focus on client satisfaction.
Join a company where you can do your best work!
Our Digital Sellers are guided by IBM's purpose – To Be Essential.
You will actively:
- Help clients of all sizes and markets grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Demonstrate consultative sales techniques, technology solution knowledge and industry expertise to influence client decisions, add new value and meet immediate and long-term business requirements
- Engage client decision makers to drive alignment and consensus on IBM solutions via social, phone or in-person interactions
- Identify potential new buyers and solution opportunities within client organizations using IBM tools and social media to promote the IBM brand
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, building, and delivering client value propositions
- Collaborate with IBM sales, technical, executive, product development, financial, and other support resources to deliver extraordinary client engagements
- Continuously maintain and grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions and industry applications, applying expertise to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Business, Communications, Computer Science, Engineering or similar disciplines (MUST HAVE OBTAINED DEGREE BY PROGRAM START)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior work experience in client sales or service
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.