BUSINESS MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
MARK SELIGER STUDIOS
We are currently seeking a creative and highly motivated intern to join our team in the New York office. This is a 6 month commercial arts intensive internship and designed for mentoring young professionals interested in pursuing a career in commercial photography, fine arts, marketing or advertising. Interns who graduate from the Seliger Studio internship program will leave with an in-depth knowledge of how a commercial arts business operates, an expansive knowledge of the advertising industry and will know how to engage with the most influential agencies, artists and brands in the world.
This internship has been designed to provide business development education, goal management, effective communication, as well as a career plan post internship. Candidates for this position should love strategy, sales, highly detailed work, creating new systems, creative problem solving, supporting others and entrepreneurship. The role works directly alongside our Executive Producer/Senior Agent, Production Team, Consultants and Mark Seliger.
Main duties include:
- Business development management
- Data entry and cleanup
- Independent research
- New business assistance
- System creation/management
- Attending client meetings and report generation.
Success in this role would look like:
- Management of a personal weekly calendar.
- Management of goals and the submission of weekly planning reports.
- Maintains a mindset focused on contribution to the team and learning.
- Takes on a coachable and collaborative approach to the position.
- Displays consistency to learn and provide support to the team.
- Clear understanding for how to utilize all CRM, Google Analytic and Marketing platforms by month 6.
- Delivery of a presentation highlighting achievements and knowledge base at the conclusion of month 6.
- An in-depth understanding of all the steps required to successfully manage a client and support them in achieving their business development goals.
- In depth knowledge for managing spreadsheets, using formulas and shortcuts for Excel, Numbers and or Google Sheets.
- Proficient at using Google Docs.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Understanding of Social Media management platforms.
- Learn and achieve a strong working knowledge of CRM software.
- Learn and achieve a strong working knowledge of our company goals.
- Learn and achieve a strong working knowledge of our clients goals.
- Learn and achieve a strong working knowledge for prospecting and research tools.
MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION
- Coordinates daily check-in with Executive Producer.
- Maintains professional communication that is on brand for Mark Seliger Studio.
- Utilizes all internal communication tools as prescribed.
- Develops personal goals to measure success in the internship
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems and opportunities.
- Efficiency. Able to find ways for improving systems and produces significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organization and Planning. Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities and keeps team comprised of plans. Implements our internal blueprint process for role and projects.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Curious about how our media landscape is evolving and interested in learning how these shifts affect our studio and artists. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data from our web, marketing and social analytics and draws insightful conclusions from it.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings opportunity to our agents and our artists.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work and the photos and videos our artists create.
- High standards. Operates in a pursuit of perfecting our role as business partners to our artists and clients. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best and is inspired by that pursuit.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Teamwork. Creates and respects a collaborative working environment. Treats people with respect.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written and visual communication.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions without stress
- 4-5 days a week, 7 hours/day
- Daily stipend of $50
- College Credit, if applicable
Job Type: Internship
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply