The Florida Senate Information Technology Office (Senate IT) is looking for experienced software engineers (.NET Developers) that want to join a fast-paced and innovative team, leading in technology and constantly evolving to support our stakeholders. Senate IT develops, documents, tests, and maintains a wide array of software including web, mobile, and desktop applications.
Salary: Starting salary $65,000 - $85,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Designing and implementing new software.
- Maintaining and improving the functionality of existing software and products.
- Developing test cases and project documentation.
- Conducting code reviews of colleagues' work.
- Work in a collaborative, agile environment.
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience designing, developing and modifying .NET applications.
- Strong skills with ASP.Net, C#, MVP
- Experience with .NET Framework
- Experience with Object Oriented Principles and Design.
- Strong experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, SQL queries, stored procedures, SQL tuning).
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely, both verbal and written.
- Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements and adjust to rapidly changing user requirements.
- Able to root out an issue and provide options to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, design skills, and ability to multitask.
- Experience with the MVP design pattern.
- Experience with Event Driven Design.
- Experience with Office Automation ( COM Object Model ) Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Experience with 3 – Tier Desktop Applications (MVP).
- Proficiency with Services ( Windows Client Foundation (WCF), Windows Services (TCP/IP) )
- Office Automation ( COM Object Model ) Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Microsoft Office Tools / Microsoft Office Document Format.
- Open XML SDK 2.5 for Office.
- XML & XSLT Transformations.
- Knowledgeable in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint (Using, Development, API programming, CSOM).
- Experience with Microsoft products, including Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- Experience working on a Scrum team.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer engineering, computer science, management information systems or similar degree and three years of progressively responsible information systems experience.
- Progressively responsible work experience with web or application development can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
The Senate offers an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance (over 80% employer paid)
- Basic life insurance policy (100% employer paid)
- Dental insurance (100% employer paid)
- Vision and supplemental insurance
- First-rate retirement program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Tallahassee, FL 32399 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday