Contract to Hire position
USC/ GC only
• Web Developer focused on full-stack development and support of internal business-owned applications.
• Elaborates with stakeholders to understand data and presentation layer needs and identifies opportunities and solutions.
• Works with small development team to implement Web-based solutions to make data actionable for our stakeholders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Under General Direction:
• Designs, develops, tests, debugs, and documents Web applications that satisfy the requirements of one or more user areas using Visual Studio Code.
• Develops database solutions for Microsoft SQL Server, including creating: tables, views, stored procedure, triggers, and indexes.
• Manages assigned user-stories through to completion, tracks time, and reports progress in regular stand-up meetings.
• Assists in the development of requirements, assessment of LOEs (Level of Effort), and communication of priorities and execution progress for moderately complex solutions.
• Meets and elaborates with stakeholders to ensure requirements are defined and understood.
• Communicates with users and management.
• Trains stakeholders on standard solutions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline, or an equivalent in education and experience.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Minimum of 4 years of software development experience (minimum of 6 years of experience without a Bachelor's Degree with signficant skills and qualifications).
• Interpersonal Communication - Can properly communicate with various levels of management and stakeholders.
• Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to adapt to continually-changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes required.
• Ability to view long-term strategic direction of development activities required.
• Proficient with using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop Web applications (Experience with Visual Studio Code preferred)
• Experience with using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to develop databases
• Experience with Microsoft ETL process
• Experience with REST API / Web Services development
• Understanding of Agile software development life cycle
• Experience with version control software: Git or Microsoft TFS or SVN
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, OneNote, etc.
• T-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
• SSIS (Microsoft SQL Server Integration Service )
• HTML 5
• LESS or SASS (CSS)
• .Net 4.0 or higher
• Entity Framework (Entity Framework Core preferred)
• Angular 6
• React JS
• Node.js (and npm)
• ASP.NET MVC