We are currently looking for a student to work with our Testing Technology Group as Testing Development Engineer Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Testing Technology Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the Volvo Trucks Test Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report directly to the Testing Technology Group Manager.
- The candidate will have a mentor assigned to them and oversee their daily tasks.
The candidate will work directly with the test engineers focusing on the following items:
- Developing new test methods
- Improving the quality and reducing duration of current test methods
- Investigating new technology related to vehicle testing
- Creating wiring schematics for harness builds
- Fabricating custom harnesses and connectors for data acquisition equipment
- Instrumenting trucks with sensors and data acquisition components
It is preferable that the candidate have experience with the following:
- CAD software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data acquisition hardware and software
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Basic automotive mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns work up to 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Standing Alone
- Technical Skills
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Last application date
US Disclaimer text
We Participate in E-verify