Connecticut Water Service, Inc.
The HR Intern is responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers, employees and shareholders by effectively assisting and providing support to the VP of Human Resources and the HR Team. The HR Intern is responsible for the administrative support and HR System support to the entire HR Team, and providing excellent service to our employees, retirees and applicants.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to learn the daily operations of our HR department, learn how each function helps employees throughout the organization, and contribute through meaningful work and projects.
- Support the recruitment efforts of the recruiting team by: sourcing qualified candidates for open positions, pre-screening applicants, maintaining communication, and facilitating & participating in in-person interviews.
- Learn and utilize the learning management system to create and manage job requisitions, review resumes, schedule phone screens and in-person interviews, and generate reports.
- Develop surveys to gain insight in areas including: recruiting process, new hire orientation, leadership development, and others as needed. Utilize insights to make recommendations to improve programs or processes.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of non-technical training and leadership development programs.
- Oversee company Internship program for Service Delivery department. Facilitate internship placements with local colleges and Service Delivery leadership.
- This position will learn and then perform administrative functions related to Human Resources. This could include recruiting, new hire onboarding, administering employee benefits programs, HRIS, and performance management.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees by responding to all inquiries within 24 hours. Either through their own knowledge, or with assistance from the HR Team, this position is responsible for receiving and responding to all employee communications to ensure their needs are met.
- This role promotes the productivity and effectiveness of the Human Resource team by providing administrative support to the VP of Human Resources, and the HR team including calendar management, report creation, meeting planning, presentation creation and editing, mailing, scanning, and overall office support.
- Participate in certain committees and teams. For certain teams, create and distribute agendas, keep meeting notes, distribute and track follow up items. Provide action plans and follow-up requirement to resolve issues with internal and external customers.
- Handle and maintain confidential files and documents. Distribute and disseminate confidential documents to the appropriate people and systems as needed. Maintain certain digital documents and files as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Human Resources related Sarbanes Oxley controls and ensure compliance with documentation. Also respond to audit requests related to SOX controls and other audits, and coordinates responses between the HR team and auditors.
- Assist with the Human Resources budget. Work with the department management to track expenses throughout the year. Manage accruals, purchase orders, invoice coding, discrepancy resolution and approval in a timely manner.
- Regularly create or coordinate Human Resources communications for Company newsletters and initiatives. Regularly assist with the update of related sections of the HR portal, including the current announcements and policy links. Administer certain systems and programs as requested. Support other Human Resources related systems, assists in the implementation and upgrade of systems and processes as requested. Provide system documentation, development of processes and procedures and maintaining materials and programs. As part of the HR Team, maintain Company policies and practices. Provide policy information to employees as requested.
- Responsible for projects as assigned. Manage assigned projects through to completion of programs, projects, initiatives. Actively participate in continuous improvement of HR processes and look for opportunities to maintain or improve quality while saving time or effort.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Primary Work Location
93 West Main Street
Clinton, Connecticut, 06413
Work Environment and Physical Demands Code
B - Blend