We are Kindle Communications – a Chicago-based agency that creates experiences and communications that do more than engage – they ignite. Our expansive expertise in live events, creative strategy, digital solutions and content + messaging gives us a leading edge in blazing new trails and driving real results. We connect brands with their target audiences by bringing their message to life in engaging and purposeful ways. Specializing in sales meetings, user/developer conferences, product launches, evening events, employee engagement, communication plans, change management, and more, our strategic approach and unique understanding of our clients’ needs allows us to push creative boundaries and deliver lasting impact.
Kindle Communications is seeking an intern candidate to support the agency’s New Business Development department. This position will support internal and external department sales efforts, while gaining hands-on experience with business development strategy, research, and reporting across many initiatives. This individual will enjoy our collaborative office culture, exposure to Kindle’s leadership and attend Chicago-based client events.
This is a paid internship with an estimated 20-30 hours per week. Hourly rate will be $13.00 per hour
- Develop a strong understanding of Kindle’s work and capabilities from multiple departments and perspectives.
- Provide administrative support for internal CRM system (Hubspot) including maintaining clean data and tracking prospect communication.
- Support the VP of Business Development on research, prospect vetting and sales outreach.
- Assist in building and managing prospect lists.
- Develop strategies to identify and gather additional information on new prospects.
- Support in developing relationships with new and existing clients.
- Lead and support various initiatives and help the development team manage their day to day operations.
- Research sales opportunities as identified by VP of BD and determine actionable insights that inform sales approach.
- Support the cross-departmental collaboration between Business Development and Marketing departments through lead nurturing, campaign efforts and outbound sales strategies.
- Support with research and data sourcing.
- Develop final intern project to capture skills/insights learned during internship experience and present to a greater team.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing or similar field.
- Has an interest in sales, developing sales strategy or campaign management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest or passion for the experiential and event marketing space a plus.
This individual will enjoy our collaborative office culture, exposure to Kindle’s leadership and attend Chicago-based client events.