At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
- We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
- We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
- We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
- We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
The HR Analytics Intern will support the team during implementation, administration, and development of HR programs including wage adjustments, salary surveys, health and wellness analysis, and data validations. You will have immediate exposure to HR projects which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise.
- Learn more about how we design and administer benefits programs, especially the retirement programs, to support Spire associates across the US
- Assist with programs and initiatives to improve engagement and awareness of the programs offered
- Collaborate with the HR team members to implement a wide variety of HR strategies and solutions
- Research, organize and compile Compensation data from a variety of sources
- Assist with participation in salary and compensation budget surveys.
- Learn various job functions within the Energy industry and explore various career opportunities
- All other duties as assigned
- Rising Junior or Senior undergraduate student or graduate student
- Degree area in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Business Statistics, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment through collegiate activities or organizations
- 3.0 GPA
- Must maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Resourceful and able to track down solutions to problems
- Excellent people communications & writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel (pivot tables, chart creation)
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Strong abilities with analytical tools and spreadsheet knowledge
- Proficient with spreadsheets and data analysis
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to learn new applications (i.e. HR analytics & information systems)
- Work is performed in a shared, open-office environment
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.