The Test Engineering Intern position is a team-oriented software test development position. We are looking for a candidate with very strong programming skills. You will work with software and test engineers while developing automated test ware and executing software testing. Performs software testing tasks including, but not limited to, generation of automated software functional test scripts and/or unit tests, test execution, debugging and anomaly reporting. Assists developers with the isolation and verification of defects within the software. Candidate will be exposed to a variety of testing methodologies and tools.
Interns are given work that is integral to providing features of a large scale product. A senior level mentor is assigned to each student to aid in the student’s growth. Interns become well versed in proven software test techniques. Teams are using the Agile methodology.
Our business unit designs and develops control and visualization products using leading-edge graphics, technologies, Rockwell Automation architectures. We are looking for motivated candidates to become part of our engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, and exposure to software development or test methodologies. Candidates should be at least sophomore year standing. We are seeking students who will be available to work full time during the summer assignment term.
- Attending either Arizona State University or University of Arizona.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- College sophomore level or above; studying computer science, computer engineering, computer systems engineering, software engineering or electrical engineering with additional coursework in computer science
- Seeking candidates with strong coding skills.
- Previous experience with Industrial Automation products (Rockwell or competitor).
- Familiarity with software troubleshooting.