The e-commerce department at Alaska Airlines is looking for a full-stack Software Development Engineer to help build the next generation of our digital experience. Our agile development teams develop and support our products top-to-bottom and ship software on a regular basis (anywhere from daily to every two weeks). A successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced, autonomous team environment and is passionate about building software the right way and teaching that software craftsmanship mentality to others. Finally, they will enjoy the reward of delivering business value quickly while working with product owners to help craft their roadmaps in pieces that can be delivered in an incremental nature.
- Contributes as a developer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, designers and other developers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
- Architects, designs, and develops complex, end-to-end custom software applications.
- Ensures delivery of high quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair/mob programming, automated test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration.
- Remains actively engaged in the technology industry and understands how the evolving technologies can benefit AAG and its customers.
- A minimum of 2 years of software development experience building custom, high scale, n-tier applications using modern object-orientated languages such as C# or Java.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience developing web applications using modern web frameworks (e.g., ReactJS, Angular, HTML5, CSS) and design patterns (MVC/MVP).
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team members.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in computer science, is preferred.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, pair/mob programming and other Extreme Programming (XP) techniques.
- Expertise with modern design principles, such as the development and utilization of cloud apis, single-page web apps, hybrid mobile development, and SOLID principles.
- Experience in Agile/Lean development methodologies.