Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Business Intelligence & Data Enablement team is looking for a Business Analysis & Quality Assurance intern who will play a key role in the success of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) at Vail Resorts. This team supports and creates the data landscape that enables Vail Resorts' Business Intelligence strategic vision and Data-Driven Marketing efforts. The primary role of the intern will be to work closely with Business Analysis team and their stakeholders to support data validation and requirements gathering. Reporting to the Business Analysis Manager, this individual will be responsible for analyzing and translating business requirements into high quality test cases for data validation purposes. In addition, this individual would gain experience defining business requirements and converting them into high quality user stories for development purposes. The ideal candidate will be a curious, detail-oriented, self-motivated communicator with strong EQ. They will be a contributor in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, working closely with the Business Analysis, Development, Corporate Marketing, Hospitality, and Mountain Finance teams in implementing the EDW vision. The internship will be a learning opportunity to understand the Business Analyst and Quality Assurance role in a Business Intelligence team, and gain exposure into career opportunities at Vail Resorts.
- Analyze complex relational databases to derive schematic meaning as it relates to the application or system utilizing the database. Write simple to medium complexity SQL statements with minimal direction to facilitate this analysis.
- Participate in the QA Life Cycle by partnering with Business Analysts to develop test scripts, coordinate UAT resources, and document test results.
- Build and own well-defined test plans for all Vail Resorts EDW projects; leveraging all applicable user stories, documentation, and developer support, organized within the team’s ticket tracking tool (JIRA) & Sharepoint Testing Matrix.
- Work closely the BA team and with business partners to understand business challenges, issues and opportunities. Partner with internal stakeholders on business and technical requirements for system enhancements.
- Build out online wiki repository using Atlassian Confluence for BI team documentation
- Prepare and lead training sessions and documentation on new or enhanced EDW functionality to internal stakeholders including on marketing analytics, relation management, revenue management, central reservations and others after each release.
- Job Requirements Sophomore or Junior working towards Bachelor’s degree in Business Information & Analytics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or equivalent in related job experience.
- Possess proficient process and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent Communication skills; both written and oral.
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server stack including SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Basic query and data analysis skills. Exposure to Tableau and Alteryx software applications.
- Experience in a ski resort, hospitality, or customer service field.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 190788