Polymer Technology Systems, Inc
PTS Diagnostics is an innovative point-of-care diagnostics solutions provider that partners with patients and healthcare professionals to provide the right information at the right time to make the right decisions. The company’s name represents the three pillars upon which it has built its long-term success: People, Technology and Service.
The Supply Chain Intern is responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of supply chain activities that supports PTS business strategies. This intern will help support and assist projects related to procurement strategies, process improvement practices to increase order point accuracy and forecasting of materials, and report generating of inventory data trends and forecasts.
- Assist supply chain resources to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Evaluate the supply chain for opportunities to reduce product cost or improve quality.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Develop and execute procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel and materials.
- Develops statistical reports detailing weekly activities by utilizing spreadsheets, word processing, and organizational software provided by the company.
- Assist staff and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or reporting on a project status.
Ideal Candidate should have:
- Proficient in all Microsoft Suite software.
- Ability to generate analyze, and interpret spreadsheet, charts, and graphs for forecasting and trend analysis
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace team environment.
Qualifications for the Role:
- Minimum Sophomore College standing working toward the achievement of Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university
- Experience in a manufacturing or supply chain methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in a medical device or related regulated industry is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee will work in a both an office and manufacturing environment.
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.