Engineer at SolSpec
SolSpec is an aerial analytics company developing a software/data-as-a-service platform, currently focused on oil & gas, but expanding to other industries. As part of this development, we are integrating a variety of sensing technologies into our portfolio.
While UAV and piloted aircraft surveying is still central to our core platform, the development of processing pipelines for aerial surveying is a key goal.
As such, SolSpec is searching for a Jr. Data Engineer that has some experience with sensor technologies and familiarity with environmental science. An excellent candidate for this position would have a strong ambition to learn and adapt.
Key functions of the Remote Sensing Specialist role include:
- Comfortable coding in Python
- Familiarity with standard geospatial data formats, i.e., LAS and GeoTIFF
- Familiarity with the major open source GIS libraries, e.g., GDAL, PDAL, OpenDroneMap, PostGIS
- Interest in automating image/data processing and analysis
- Experience with some remote sensing technologies, e.g., LiDAR and Photogrammetry
- Interest in high performance computing
- Experience with remotely-sensed derivatives and model development
- Minimum bachelor's degree or combined relevant work experience
- Residence or availability to relocate to Greater Denver Area
- Participation in a programming exercise as part of their assessment